A Weymouth, England resident set his apartment ablaze after attempting to dry his underwear and socks in the microwave. The unidentified man thought he could speed up the drying process of his undergarments by placing them inside of the microwave.

His microwave caught fire completely destroying the appliance and spreading into his kitchen. The man’s flat was filled with smoke necessitating the fire department to put out the blaze and rescue the man from his flat.

The kitchen and flat received minor fire and smoke damage. An undisclosed firefighter remarked, “The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them.”