Basejumper Survives 1000 ft fall: Has Video To Prove It

Basejumper Survives 1000 ft fall: Has Video To Prove It
Matthew Gough, 25, escaped with minor cuts and bruises
His parachute got twisted on the way down at Lake Garda, Italy
‘I was in total shock that I was alive,’ said basejumper
Matthew had done 180 jumps around the world and none have gone wrong

Basejumper Survives Fall of 1,000 Feet With No Parachute

A basejumper’s parachute became tangled and would not open following his death defying leap from a 1,000 foot tall rock cliff. Matthew Gough, 25, is a veteran basejumper who had completed more than 700 sky dives, and 180 jumps at locations the world over prior to this recent brush with death.

He landed in a sandy area, but not before he initially slammed in to a group of rocks. Gough walked away from the ordeal nearly unscathed, with only a few cuts and bruises. He was quoted as having said, “I was in total shock that I was alive.”

The Lichfield, Straffordshire local was able to film the entire terrifying drop with a helmet mounted camera.

The jump went wrong he says, as “the parachute twisted and when it inflated it was facing backwards” and, “due to the twists I couldn’t control it, I did the best I could with the situation and tried to avoid the cliff but I didn’t have the time or the space to avoid the impact.”

Shaken by the incident, Matthew cut short a tour of the world that he was peppering with extreme sports stunts.

His arrival in Britain began with a seven hour hospital visit during which doctors performed tests.

Gough was attempting the jump at Lake Garda, in northern Italy.

Check out the video below

Skydiver survives 13,000 foot fall

A New Zealand skydiver has spoken about how fortunate he is to be alive, and the thoughts that raced through his head as he plummeted earthwards from 13,000 feet. The weather was good and everything seemed normal when Liam Dunne jumped from the plane over Moteuko, but events soon took a dramatic turn.

Mr. Dunne’s main parachute failed to open and a after a desperate struggle, he managed to release his reserve chute just 15 seconds before impact, reports the Telegraph.

Speaking from his hospital bed, Mr Dunne told the Daily Mail: ‘Those last 1,000 feet it was like “here we go, this is it”.

‘It wasn’t nice, but that said, it was a one in a million accident and a one in a million save.

‘Skydiving is an awesome sport, and I’ve done 4,000 jumps and never had a problem.’

Pictured: British basejumper’s terrified face as his parachute failed to open when he leapt off 1,000ft cliff—amazingly-escaped-minor-injuries.html?ito=feeds-newsxml