8 Comments

  • jamesr

    September 6, 2015

    This is so sad. I remember many years ago we had our house tented and were told we could got back on the 3rd day, but not until after 4 hours after they removed the tent and opened all of the windows to air the house out. We went in and I was uneasy so we left but left the windows open for a few more hours. We went back and closed the house up and stayed another night out of the house. The next day we went in and opened all the windows and stayed that night and all was fine. Best to take extra precautions I guess.

    Reply
  • Peyton

    September 6, 2015

    Knowing their house had been tented and sprayed with toxic chemicals, they should have left as soon as the vomiting started, not stayed the night. Odor or no, that would be a symptom that would get me out of that home immediately.

    Reply
  • Peyton McCaughey

    September 6, 2015

    This is horrific. So sad for this little guy. I would think mom would have a considerable amount of days off though. Both should have insurance. Not sure why they need to raise so much money. Sadly, it won’t make this little sweetie better although I hope something does. People have got to stop depending on these funding sites.

    Reply
    • Peyton McMoron

      September 7, 2015

      What business is it to YOU how people raise funds for their child? You judgemental pukebag.

      Reply
  • Peyton McCaughey

    September 7, 2015

    I used to work in ICU in a heavily agricultural area. Every summer we would get workers with pesticide poisoning. Not all of them, which leads me to believe that some people are just more susceptible than others. The other thing we would get, since farmers in our area raised tobacco, was workers, usually young ones, with severe nicotine poisoning. These were some sick folks! But then again, it was only certain ones. I always wondered why some people were more susceptible and figured it must be something about their immune systems.

    Reply
  • ct

    September 7, 2015

    The company WAS negligent, possibly criminally negligent. They failed to return and measure the amount of sulfuryl fluoride in the home, as required by the EPA” to see if it was safe to enter. See http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/sftech.pdf.
    Directly from this site:
    “Before occupants are allowed back into a treated structure, the U.S. EPA requires that sulfuryl fluoride levels are measured and those levels must be very low. 16 Labels of registered products containing sulfuryl fluoride indicate that those levels must be less than 1 ppm.

    Reply
  • Jay

    September 7, 2015

    Find an environmental specialist MD who knows about harmful agents in buildings. I am going to one and such things as charcoal, bentonite clay and cholestyramine will carry these poisons out of the body. It does take a long time, perhaps years, to remove these. I was exposed to mold and pesticides and am now much better after 2 1/2 years of treatment. I worked in pest control for a few years and was exposed by regular application of pesticides which I rarely did (mostly worked in the office).

    Reply
  • N. S

    September 7, 2015

    When you use commercial grade pesticides like those used to fumigate a house, you have to know what you are doing. Did they open the windows or even air the place out? Part of this is absolutely ignorance on the part of the exterminator, and part of this should be common sense on the owner / occupant’s side as well. The first thing you do after a fumigation is open all the windows. At the point you get nausea, I would be out of that house in a hurry to get fresh air and call the exterminator immediately. There should be a procedure that is done before people re-enter. Sometimes, people may need to get something momentarily, but stay there over night?

    What probably happened is that they called the exterminator office and asked someone if it was safe to return. The exterminator should put a tag or security device on the doors so that nobody can enter until the contractor has been there to check to make sure that the place was vented properly. I have done bug removal for a landlord (not my dwelling) using the stuff available at hardware type stores, and that stuff is nasty. Slight exposure to spectracide spray will make your nose run uncontrollably. For that, the safest chemical was boric acid, which worked better than anything else…it is quite effective compared to sprays.

    If fumigation can kill ants, roaches, and termites, it can harm humans. Roaches can be killed with boric acid, as well as ants, termintes are difficult.

    How and why did they stay in that house over night, it probably had not been aired out at all. You gotta know that there is something wrong when you get nausea and vomiting. Common sense. That stuff has a scent to it too, how would you not know. If you smell pesticide, it is in the air. Most unlicensed (owner) exterminators know this, read the frikin labels!

    Reply

Leave a Reply