Tomatoes a slice of cheese, a few leaves of spinach … and a dead mouse. This last incongruous ingredient that has complemented the recipe sandwich ordered by Jay Armstead, an American who was lunching in a Subway restaurant in Lincoln City, Oregon a few days ago.
Shocked by this discovery, a friend of the “victim” has posted a picture of morbid sandwich filling on social networks. “It’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen, but it is also the most disgusting,” said Jay Armstead on a US television channel.
Despite this unpleasant episode, both clients have not yet decided to lodge a complaint against the fast food chain and have obtained as compensation as reimbursement of their sandwiches.
The restaurant in question has since been completely disinfected. All Food present at the discovery of the rodent had been thrown. No other customer has issued a claim. And everything is back to normal.
the state health department said it didn’t put anyone in danger of getting sick.
“They [health inspectors] consulted with physicians and we followed their advice that, although it is not very appetizing, the risk of someone becoming sick due to eating lettuce with those particular circumstances were very low,” explained Cheryl Connell, Dir. Of Lincoln County Health and Human Services.