Wynonna Judd Turns
However, their story is well known as even made into a Lifetime Network made-for-TV movie. Still, that is only part of the story. There are additional tidbits that the average fan might not be aware about.
Here are some of the bits of Wynonna Judd trivia:
- She was born Christina Claire Ciminella. At the age of 15, she and her mother were in contact with singer Ray Benson of the country group “Asleep at the Wheel”. He dubbed her Wynonna in commemoration of a tune he composed about a remote Arizona town called Winona. Her mother’s maiden name was Judd which they ladies aptly chose as the name for their act.
- “California Girls” nearly included Wynonna being that she lived in the great state from 1968 – 1972. She attended school and became friends with a woman that would end up becoming a successful TV star in the crime series “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”. That actress is Mariska Hargitay.
- Judd’s fixation with Edwardian jackets was rooted in her love & obsession for U2 front man Bono. Years later she would encounter him in real life in what has become an enduring friendship.
- She seriously “crushed” on Country Music bad boy Dwight Yoakam, but their careers were too busy to give their relationship a serious chance. Wynonna believes they could have married if work had not interfered.
- Wynonna has sung a lot about love, but she’s been unlucky in it personally. She has been engaged seven times of which three ended up in marriages.