amanda peterson cause of death was accidental overdose

amanda peterson cause of death was accidental overdose

amanda peterson cause of death

Amanda Peterson died from an accidential overdose according to the coroner.

Troubled former actress Amanda Peterson died from acute morphine toxicity, a coroner’s report says. Peterson was found dead in her Greeley, Colorado apartment in July at age 43.

At the time, her family admitted her history of drug use, but believed she was sober at the time of her death.

Peterson was reportedly arrested four times over the past two decades, most recently on a May 2012 DUI and drug paraphernalia charge.

Peterson, who was found dead at age 43 on July 5 at her home in Greeley, Colo., reportedly had several different prescription drugs in her system when she passed away. TMZ listed benzodizepines, opiates, phenothiazines, and marijuana.

Amanda’s father previously told TMZ her family became worried when they didn’t hear from her for two days.

He added:

“She had some illness and a sleep apnea problem that may have contributed.”

She retired from acting after starring in “Can’t Buy Me Love” alongside Patrick Dempsey.

Amanda Peterson Mugshots WELD COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE (4)

Amanda Peterson Mugshots
WELD COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE (4)