Today, June 7 is a day all ice cream fans unite. Today is National Ice Cream Day. Today your conscious cannot reprimand you for indulging in one of America’s favorite desserts, it is a must.
To get you all hyped up for National Ice Cream Day, enjoy some of these fun facts about this cool dairy treat.
• Americans eat 48 pints of ice cream, per person, per year
• The first ice cream flavors were fruit based.
• Chocolate and vanilla ice cream were created in the 1700s
• Ice cream cones were created in 1904 out of necessity. One ice cream vendor who ran out of dishes partnered with a waffle vendor who rolled his waffles into cones.
• Thomas Jefferson may be responsible for the ice cream phenomenon in America having fell in love with this yummy treat while in France.
Try a new flavor and Happy National Ice Cream Day!