Devon Staples Died Lighting Fireworks On His Head: “There was no Devon Left” (PHOTO) Posted by Chris Tyler | Jul 6, 2015 | Curiosity, US | 10 | Share this:TweetShare on TumblrEmail Related Share: Rate:
Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before one of his stunts backfired. According to his brother, he wouldn’t “do” anything stupid, he would just “pretend” to do something stupid to make people laugh. RIP and my condolences to his parents.
I feel absolutely ill for the family and friends; particularly the brother who was right there at the time. How awful.
what a jackass.. I don’t feel sorry .. LOL
Most of us have done stupid things! 1960 I was 10 and some friends and I broke into a Dynamite shack at a sand and gravel site. Took 3 sticks and some caps and decided to blow up a tree! We placed the sticks inside a hole in the tree that as on an hill leaning over a creek. We lit the fuse and ran like he ll…. The explosive was huge as we all ending up face down in the dirt and I could hear a thing. The tree came down as did the hill which clogged up the creek and cause it to reroute itself. When I got home I was covered in dirt head to toe. My mother said “What did you and gary do now” She said the house rattled thinking it was a sonic boom till she saw us.
My dad lit the wrong end on the fuse on a large sized mortar one year and it exploded instantly without delay. He was lucky to live and only suffer burns to the side of his face. Fireworks are explosives and things can go wrong very quickly. Be safe people
I don’t drink much or often because of incidents like this. If you drink at all, please don’t be critical of this young man – it’s far too easy to lose one’s perspective and make a mistake while under the influence, and even one drink is enough to affect one’s ability to think. This is terrible and tragic, and if you want to say anything negative, say it to your kids in an effort to impress on them how dangerous alcohol can be. My condolences to the family, and may this poor soul rest in peace.
« Devon had been holding a lighter which made it go off “by accident.” »
he hadn’t lit the lighter. he hadn’t lit the lighter then put it up to his head. he hadn’t lit the lighter then put it up to his head near the firework and its fuse. he was just holding it.
condolences on several respects.
condolences to devons family and may god bless
Condolences to the family… Some of the above comments are appalling. Why be so insensitive and cruel? It will be hard enough for the family to cope with such an horrific tragedy. God Bless
Barb, thanks for your statement. I am so tired of these “white supremacy, I ‘m smarter than everyone alive” attitudes all over the internet. The type of people are not happy unless they put down someone before the go to bed. Mean people suck!